Family Planning is all about Families
Family Planning / Reproductive Health mean so many things to so many people: controlling their destinies as families, improving quality-of-life and education for children, helping women and families lift themselves out of poverty, enhancing the progress of entire communities!
So what does it mean to the planet?
- A human right around the world (United Nations,1968)
- A formidable engine for reducing carbon footprint and mitigating climate change.
- An environmental safeguard as growing populations around the world put pressure on fixed land bases.
- One fast path to helping women participate in economic marketplaces and fuel sustainable growth across industries, regions, and countries.
- An accelerator opening educational opportunities for both children and their parents.
- A live-saving healthcare tool for improving maternal/infant health and reducing both maternal and infant mortality.
- A life-affirming opportunity for children – with fewer involuntary children onboard, each wanted child can receive the additional material and emotional support that she/he deserves.
- A tool for reducing the risk of pandemics by lowering rural population density and alleviating the need to encroach on wilderness and wildlife habitat.
- A way to help mitigate violent conflict and competition that can result from mass migrations as people search for scarce resources and a better life.
This is what we know: If you make family planning services available, people will come. They will come from afar and they will keep coming – with deep appreciation for this service that they need to improve their lives. Here in Venezuela, the demand for our family planning services is strong, sustained, and chronically unmet.
And all this comes from simply giving people the services they want on a local level, which is what we do! We have improved the lives of more than 100,000 women and families and with your help, we continue to expand our services in the face of unmet need. Our infrastructure is largely in place, it is just a question of funding!!!
|Thank you to all of our supporters who have made the Turimiquire Foundation the one consistent provider of family planning and reproductive health services in northeastern Venezuela!
And a special thank you to:
The Erik and Edith Bergstrom Foundation,
The Population Connection,
Direct Relief International
for generously supporting our family planning services
in this time of adversity.
“When we are dreaming alone, it is only a dream.
When we are dreaming with others, it is the beginning of reality.”
Dom Helder Camara
Please Come Dream with Us!
You Can Donate to the Turimiquire Foundation Online
Your donation is tax deductible, and remember, more than
93 cents of every dollar
goes directly into the field.
is the safe, easy way to donate online.
Click the button, type in the amount
and login to your PayPal account.
Or you can use your credit card.
Please consider making this a recurring monthly donation.
You can do this right on PayPal, and it is a real assist for us.
Or you can mail your check,
payable to the Turimiquire Foundation,
to our U.S. office:
16 Crescent Street
Cambridge, MA. 02138
Comments, thoughts, advice?
Let us hear from you!
**** Gracias ****